26 March 2007

Illness

For the very first time, our daughter is ill. It's nothing serious, just an eye infection, but it's really brought home to us how lucky we've been with her health.

Our friends R&A, whose son B is 8 weeks younger than our daughter, have had a couple of incidences of colds and sniffles. Nothing serious again, but the added exhaustion it has seemed to bring is something that N & I are quite glad to do without!

The downside of our daughter's infection is the treatment. She has to have cream in her eyes twice a day. Unfortunately, she doesn't want cream in her eyes twice a day. On the contrary, she wants Mummy to go away and stop poking her with the gunky tube! It took me a good 10 minutes and at least 6 applications of cream to treat both of her eyes this morning. Once I had wiped it off her hands, her eyelids, her nose, her t-shirt, my hands, and the sides of the tube she was quite happy! Luckily this evening I will have N to help me, and from tomorrow it will be the childminder's problem (phew!).

Other than the slightly itchy eyes, she is doing very well, and is scooting around the house at top speed, trying to climb on every piece of furniture that we own. As she's infectious, I'm having an unexpected day off work today, and am planning on making the most of our precious time together (although I don't think the cats are too impressed with the sudden invasion).

As a final note, when we saw the Health Visitor a couple of weeks ago, she told us that she thought our daughter would be walking within a month - aargh! I think this will open up whole new worlds of joy and pain - I can't wait!

No comments: